Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sundays......

Sundays are our lazy day.  The Punkies play all day in their jammies and I blog, putter around the house and usually bake or cook up yummy stuff to try for the week and of course there is football(its just around the corner)!

Sundays are also the days that I leave Pandora on the Gospel channel and think about all the things I am grateful for.

I have noticed in the last couple of years that I am easily pulled in when people around me are miserable and being in their bummed out states.  That's a new thing for me. I am usually pretty upbeat and "Pollyannaish".  I have always kinda liked that about myself. No matter how crazy and crappy things get I can usually see a bright shiny rainbow above the crap!  I think being kinda isolated from the people I love and not being surrounded by a strong group of "family" I lost that a little.

So I have been thinking about how to recover that and bring more sparkles and rainbows back into my life and I have decided on Sunday mornings before the Crew awakes and the chaos begins I will sit down and talk about what I am grateful for this week.......

So here's my first "grateful" post!


The weather has been in the 90's all week, we had to turn the air on at night for everyone to sleep well!!!! Woo Hoo!! That means lots of running outside and sleeping good at night because all of the sunshine!



I am also very grateful for Facebook and Apple because I had lots of giggles from friends posts,messages and texts.  Gotta love those texts at Midnight telling me they have to go pee and are trapped in line and have spanx on!  Or that they are only an hour from me and I'm going to get to see a friend I haven't seen in like 20 years and meet their family!!!! Or the fact that I might be moving cross country(yes again) and I have excited friends and family waiting to welcome me with open arms!


And mostly I am grateful for my little family.  The Punkies challenge me, often have me sitting in awe, test my patience, make my heart fill up so much it may explode, make me laugh every day...several times a day, and allow me to be what I have always wanted to be!  I am a blessed girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment